How can we improve Traffic Travis?

Traffic Travis Needs A Mobile App [here's how]

Mobile is here to stay, so it's about time that Traffic Travis offered users mobile integration.

Of course this could be looked at as a challenge but it could be done rather easily the following way:

1. Making Traffic Travis mobile read-only.
-Offering additional functionality down the road is always an option but to keep it simple it would be nice to be able to view reports and projects on the fly.

2. Sharing the Traffic Travis files using Dropbox as the repository.
-So basically the mobile program would be a reader of the files and Dropbox the storage. All of the actual grunt work would be handled on the PC.

That would allow for the automated services to be handled via PC, and the option to view the data via mobile.

The benefits would be obvious to your customers.

But the benefits to Affilorama (The company behind Traffic Travis) would be:

1. Reaching new audiences through the app store.
2. Setting yourself apart from your competition.
3. Giving your customers what they want.

An example of a company that is offering mobile in a use case like I mentioned is "You Need A Budget" (No Affiliation)

PlayStore app:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.youneedabudget.ynab.app.market&hl=en

The desktop app is doing the grunt work, the Android app has limited functionality, and both are connected via dropbox.
Almost 10,000 feedbacks 4.9 stars. This could be you, You already have the userbase.

Let's be realistic. How much longer can you go without providing a mobile app for TT? You said no in 2012 and 2013.

It has to be on your to-do list already, it seems like 2016 is the time.

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    CscottdoesCscottdoes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Barry WeedenBarry Weeden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you considering developing an app that would enable traffic Travis to run on a tablet, either iPad or android and also in a manner that would be available to use on smartphone? Barry

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to have the software on mobile devices as a choice would be extremely useful to app developers.

• Tony AponteTony Aponte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be outstanding...you don't know how many times I'm out in the field and wish I could do some keyword research. I have looked at many apps that supposedly do this but none have been able to deliver. Excellent suggestion!!

• RodRod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed...having the ability to pull stats on the fly would be much appreciated and a natural extension for your product..doesnt need to be fancy..just functional. Even just giving the current rankings would be enough (for me).

• Charis ChandoCharis Chando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are there any plans to roll out a TT formated for tablets and mobile phones, it would be great to do some research in the airport on my Android tablet

Feedback and Knowledge Base