How can we improve Traffic Travis?

Adding "update" button

Is that possible to add "update" button right on the dashboard so that whenever we want, we can update right away manually?

81 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    element shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly have no idea why this isn't one of the main features. It's ridiculous that I have to wait until the software decides to do it.

I realise it's trying to save a Google ban by putting a large gap between them, but I'd like to be able to turn it on in the morning and be able to choose one to get going straight away, instead of the bizarre behavious that makes the software check the rankings and then the next day adds another half an hour onto it. What's the logic?

Again, I understand the need to reduce Google bans, but let the user decide. It's pretty ridiculous that they can't.

• Kaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought you have evaluated those when you originally said 'no' to the request.
        I was mainly using TT for ranking check purpose; the feature was so important to me thus I am using other paid app now....
        :(

• element commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am glad that this feature is being added finally, I had almost quit using TT4.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this is unbelievable

This sounds like the Google arrogance has come to traffic travis but remember you are not as big as Google yet and very unlikely to be with this attitude.

Personally I think that Traffic Travis because it has no Manual update and this auto update especially at start up renders this a useless piece of software.

I agree that updating your rankings every hour is of no value, personally some every couple of days is fine and some only every week. but there are times when I want to know now, but do not want every other project to update when i start up the program.

I have asked to reactivate my TT3 as I cannot put up with TT4 anymore.

And also blocking the voting of this is like saying you lot are only customers we don't care about you as we know best and you lot can go for a hike

well they will I can assure you

• Chris Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can anybody reccommend a similar software that allows for manual update? Not Market Samurai, but something that may be flying under the radar? In other words All of the users of Traffic Travis who are considering moving to something else, what other softwares are you looking at?
        Thanks!

• fitnesscoach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is unbelievable. I have rarely seen a company that so often is on the opposite side of its customers. For example with the whole Logo issue, where for the longest time you would not allow your customers who are primarily professionals to self brand the reports. Now here we are again, with the decision makers at Traffic Travis knowing so much better then us in the fields who are using their product daily. The only reason that most purchasers still use TT is that there is no product that is functionally superior at this price point. As soon as there is, I will be switching.
        Message to software developers...Listen to your Customers or lose them!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I just realized you can't update manually. TT didn't generate my report and now I have to wait until tomorrow to try again. Looking for other options.

backlinks dont update for 2 weeks at a time. its ridiculous. i will not recommend this to anyone until there is an update button.

I would also love to see the option to just deactivate auto update rankings for certain projects without deleting the whole project!

• DaveS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seconded, this is a glaringly obvious button that is missed out. Please consider adding it in asap

I agree with the statement. I set my traffic travis to update every day but some days it does and some days it doesnt. This needs a fix asap especially for those of us who have paid for it.

• sensi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this needs to be added ASAP.
        Pretty anoying to wait a half day to get the results after i start up the software

The keyword ranking doesn't run corectly a lot of the time.
        Sometimes it will start to run, stop and move the date of next run ahead by 1 day even though it never updated the rankings. I try to add keywords etc to force it to run which works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.

If I check the time of the next run they will often all be scheduled for nearly the same time for the next day so they all kick off within minutes of each other and then get blocked by Google and spend the rest of the day trying to run and failing do to getting blocked by Google.
        Very very frustrating

No adding the number of results to check DOES NOT force an update everytime. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt and the software DOES NOT tell you why it did not run!

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From the Dashboard. Edit your Project then where you see "Results to Check", change the number. This forces an update every time.

If they do add an update button, I'd also like to see a manual checking setting implemented, rather than daily/weekly/monthly. Some of us have tons of projects and it can get rather messy with lots of queues.

• shin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

give us the update button - program is quite useless without

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just an update on this - it's now 2pm UK time and none of my rankings have updated today so far. Yesterday, all were done by about 11am. What's going on? Does TT just decide when it's going to do it or what?

It's so frustrating not having an update button. It's the one thing I dislike about this software.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base