How can we improve Traffic Travis?

Create Traffic Travis for Mac.

When I purchased the system I was told we would have it in a couple of months. Now (a couple months later) I am told we will have it in a couple of months. Can you put this higher on the priority list? Would love to be able to use the system that I purchased.

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminTraffic Travis (Founder, Traffic Travis) responded  · 

Good morning,

Over the past several months we have been trialing different methods of delivering a high quality version of Traffic Travis V4 for the Mac.

Unfortunately we have been unable to come up with a solid solution without re-writing the whole of the application and ending up with two separate code bases and a below par product.

Therefore, we have decided to cancel the Mac edition at this time.

We are however currently building an online suite of tools, which would include most of the functionality of Traffic Travis V4. This has been in development for the past 6 months and will have a release date set for near the end of this year.

So instead of a Mac version, we are going to focus on improving the current Windows application, and continue developing the online tools (we are happy to give you beta access to this in the near future too).

You can use Vmware Fusion (we use it internally) or Parallels to get the software running on your Mac, this does require a purchase however. We don’t recommend running Traffic Travis under Wine or CrossOver.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact
    http://www.traffictravis.com/help

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gussie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can actuall;y try using "Cloudbacko home" for taking backup on Mac i am basically using this software from long time and really satisfied using this software. It helps in taking backup and helps restoring as well.

• TomyTitFlaps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on you lot get with the times.... every half decent web designer in the world uses Mac you missing most of your core business!!!!! useless!

• Scott Branden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What NO Mac version? Hey Market Samurai runs on micheal soft wind blows via Adobe Air as it dose on Mac so why can you not make this happen? I mean, I am not going to go back to all that stress of blue screen crashes, Abort Retry or Cancel, or Control Alt Delete shenanigans just for one app! Please get your app onto a delivery system that works for all . . . thanks. BTW, in my opinion I think Market Samurai is really very good but provides way too much info for what I need and your TT app looks easier, so come on guys.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on TT team, give the Mac world what we want!

Instead of wasting dev time on a PC version, make a version using Adobe Air, that will run on both Mac & PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I am clear, you will not have the availability of Traffic Travis for Mac correct? When I originally purchased the product, I was told this would not be a problem. I have not been able to access the product since purchase and have no idea what the real capabilities are of the product for 8 months. That is very disappointing.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

> The next update will be the start of January.

It's already the 21st of January -- any news regarding the Mac version?

Please prioritize this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base