How can we improve Traffic Travis?

Competitor Research - Top Keywords

It would be very helpful to type in a known competitor and pull up the major keywords that they rank for (e.g. top 5). This would allow us to identify which keywords have made this particular competitor successful so that we may emulate / model their success in keyword targeting.

38 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Don shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminTraffic Travis (Founder, Traffic Travis) responded  · 

Hi Guys!

Thank you for your suggestion and feedback on this.

What we recommend you do if you are interested in looking into your competitors rankings….

1. Create a project with your competitors website.
    2. Enter your niche keywords (either from Page Report or use the Keyword Research tool), consider search count values more than 200.
    3. Traffic Travis will then check rankings of these keywords and you will see what your competitor rankings for.

Hope this helps!
    Dmitry

PS: If you have any other ideas please feel free to share them with everyone, love to hear from you guys.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Keith Ware commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@David Wilson I too was under the impression that I would be able to enter a competitor's URL and be able to analyze Keywords. Seems a little misleading.

• Chloe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Ryan
        1. Load page and perform keyword analysis on page. Generate list of keywords, 2-word keywords, 3-word keywords, etc.
        2. Find backlinks to the page and perform keyword analysis on each high ranking backlink page. Add this to the 1st keyword list.
        3. Perform a Google search for each of the keywords you've generated and find the rankings for the domain for each keyword.

• David Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have only just bought the Pro subscription and I did so partly based on the declaration "Keep tabs on your competitors to spot keywords you should target." which is prominent on Traffic Travis home page.

Okay in hindsight, if I were less trusting, I should have picked up on the heading in the screenshot that says "Adwords Competition" and maybe, somehow worked out that it wasn't as good as first thought.

And I appreciate Ryan's comment "Any ideas where to pull that sort of data from?"

However, there used to be a tool that would crawl a nominated URL and return a list of all the meta keywords tags. Surely this wouldn't be too hard for the smart team at Traffic Travis to implement?

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any ideas on where to pull that sort of data from? How would TT know which keywords to check to see if they were ranked there and more importantly how would TT know if they were the TOP keywords?

Feedback and Knowledge Base