How can we improve Traffic Travis?

Allow settings for general connection through proxy. The proxies in the program options are used only for connection to search engines.

The proxies in the program options are used only for search engines to prevent IP blocking. I suggest to add the settings to allow the use of proxy for general connection.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    StanleyStanley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Traffic TravisAdminTraffic Travis (Founder, Traffic Travis) responded  · 

Hello,

Other than the keyword research, all other requests are routed over the proxies that you enter. It’s not limited to just search engines.

The only reason why keyword research isn’t, is due to TT using an embedded InternetExplorer. If you change your Internet Explorer ‘Internet Options’ you can tell it there to use proxies also, however that is an annoyance for users.

We wont be looking to provide shared proxies for our users as they would get far to overused and then run into issues with them getting blocked.

Some users don’t need proxies which is why they are optional.

If you have any problems, please contact the support staff.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LouieLouie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The program should have it's own built-in proxy. Most of my proxies are being blocked anyway

• gofree.singgofree.sing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, there should be away to fetch the proxy with a button. Please, consider providing these options.
        Thx

Feedback and Knowledge Base