How can we improve Traffic Travis?

Add user controlled Update-Scheduling functionality

User controlled update-scheduling functionality would be a welcome UI improvement for anyone using TT with multiple accounts - like me.

It could also help prevent the constant Google-blocks I get when using TT.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris Sheehy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes when to update should be USER controlled/programmed per individual project. even down to the time of day.

As at the moment it is crazy and to be perfectly honest unusable as every time you start the program, it straight away starts updating all of the projects (and in the order it wants). which means after about 3 or 4 projects google blocks you and some of my projects never get updated and of course they are the most important.

so to be usable it needs:

1: each project needs the update to be user programmed
        2. each project needs a manual update button
        3. the program needs to STOP updating as soon as it is started (an toggle box on or off in general preferences would be ideal for the, i would think, small number that would want it to.
        4. user programmed min and max query period and TT4 should randomly select different query times each time between the min and max settings.
        as a fixed period is easy to spot and not human like :) so should help with the google block :)

• Chris Sheehy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is coming too late for me - I couldn't stand to get bounced from a search engine again and am unwilling to use a proxy - so I changed platforms. But you never know; I may be back some day. . . .

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add more settings to the search engine ranking updates ie Daily, every 2 Days, every 3 Days, every 4 Days, every 5 Days, every 6 Days, Weekly, Bi-weekly, Monthly...

This will help to avoid constant daily access to Google if you have a lot of sites in the software.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The project update setting seems to have no bearing on when projects are updated. It seems like the individual projects are overridden by the program options. For example, I have 2 projects set to update MONTHLY, yet they are updating daily and causing issues with sending too many inquiries to search engines. Adding an option to NOT UPDATE that was adhered to would also be a nice feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base