How can we improve Traffic Travis?

Graphically show ranking change

It would be nice to see the daily and monthly ranking changes graphically like Rank Checker, SEScout and Serpfox. This would make reporting much better.

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jack Willis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jack Willis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

For me, the whole purpose of a rank tracker is to show the progress of my SEO campaigns for my own benefit and the benefit of my clients. Clients want to see where they were when they first hired me and where they are now and to see constant improvement. Traffic Travis doesn't allow me to do this as all it shows me is the current ranking, the previous ranking and the top ranking.

When i first do a link cycle for a client the dances are quite violent. Typically, they will drop out of the rankings, jump up to say to the top of page 2 and then drop down and settle a few places further down. The more link cycles i do, the less violent the dances are. It maybe that the client's site has come from nowhere in the rankings to position 14 say but the reporting on Traffic Travis will show a top rank of 10, a previous rank of 12 and a current rank of 14 making it look as if they have gone down in the rankings. The graph doesn't help much because it only shows the last few weeks.

In an ideal world, i would base all of my SEO reporting around a ranking graph. The graph would show the ranking progression over the period of the SEO campaign (or current year) and it would show when the link cycles were done and therefore the effect it had. SerpFox and SerpBook allow you to do this however their data centres are in the US and due to the local factors, the ranking are not accurate outside the US which isn't much use.

It would be great to be able to graphically show the rankings and be able to add events (SEO work done). For this to work, you would need to be able to customise the date range too

I hope that helps

Regards

Jack

Feedback and Knowledge Base