Backing up your files is always a good idea if you are re-installing Traffic Travis, updating it, or making any changes you may wish to undo. If you are moving Traffic Travis to a new computer, you will need to transfer your project databases so you can continue to access your projects.
Can't open the program? Read up on how to locate your projects without opening Traffic Travis first.
To back up your Traffic Travis project databases:
- Click Service in the main menu of Traffic Travis, then Database Backup.
- Click START BACKUP. Please be aware this will cancel any other processes currently running in Traffic Travis.
To restore your databases:
- Click Service, then Database Restore.
- Select the date of the backup you would like to use, then click Next.
- Click Next to restore all of your databases. Alternatively, select the radio button next to Selected Projects, choose the specific projects you would like to restore, and then click Next.
- Restart Traffic Travis to update your restored projects and ensure they are working.
To transfer your databases:
- Click on Service, then Open DB Folder.
- This will open the database folder. From here you can copy the database folders to a backup such as Dropbox or a thumb drive. Make sure Traffic Travis is closed before making any changes to your database folder.
- On your new computer, open the DB Folder the same way and close Traffic Travis. Then copy the projects from the backup and paste them into the database folder to complete the transfer.
- Close the database folder and restart Traffic Travis.