Sometimes, Traffic Travis gets stuck on one version and cannot update. This generally occurs in one of three ways:
- A yellow banner in the lower-left corner of your
screen says “Downloading new version - view notes” indefinitely.
- A yellow banner in the same location says “Apply
Update,” but it reappears no matter how many times you click on it.
- There’s no update banner, but you’re stuck with
a version older than the latest one shown here: https://www.traffictravis.com/changelog.
In any case, you should be able to force Traffic Travis to update by following the instructions below.
First, uninstall Traffic Travis by following these instructions:
- Open your computer’s Start menu / Cortana.
- Search for “uninstall Traffic Travis.”
- Click on the program that appears and follow the
It’s a good idea to back up your databases before uninstalling the program. Also, unless you want to completely get rid of all traces of Traffic Travis, make sure you choose not to delete all projects when prompted by the uninstallation program.
Next, please carefully follow all of the steps below to re-install Traffic Travis.
- Make sure that Traffic Travis is not open on
- Clear your browser's cache of all downloaded
files. If you need help with clearing your browser's cache in Firefox or
Chrome, then please see these screenshots.
- Download TTv4 through this link: https://www.traffictravis.com/software/traffic_travis_v4.exe?2345.
- After downloading it, double-click the most
recently downloaded Traffic Travis file to start the installation. If this
doesn't work, try right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as
- Follow the prompts during the installation.
That should force an update to the latest version. If you're still stuck with an outdated version afterwards, or if you run into any other errors (such as one saying that your code has been used too many times), please contact us.